news
news
news

Random Thoughts of a Failed Southern Belle

Monday, May 01, 2006

What HAVE I been doing with myself?

Well, despite my last little missive, I am still employed, although the sands are ticking through the hourglass. My current position ends June 30. Nine people of our 13 person department were laid off in February, but I was given a bit of a reprieve. There may be a new position for me at my current employer, but that whole angle is very underdeveloped at the moment, so I am sending out resumes.

However, I am very very picky about where I want to work and what I want to be doing. While sticking to the non-profit world, I want to move away from finance and development, and more towards program management and research. And I want to work for a liberal and/or progressive organization. And I would prefer that not be predominately woman staffed organization. I need a little testosterone in my environment. It keeps level of crazy bitchiness down.

Given my parameters, I've only sent out 15 resumes in 2 months. Not very aggressive. And probably foolhardy, since I've only gotten two calls from recruiters, and no interviews. But I would rather to deal with a couple of months of unemployment over taking a job that will make me miserable.

In the meantime, I am planning a trip to Amsterdam, and doing a great deal of size acceptance work. Stay tuned for exciting details!

End of Post

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Alli said...

Goodness, and I thought me having a little brown baby was big news.

I'm glad you're here. I missed you.

4:02 PM 
Anonymous Steve said...

All right, Kim, time for an update. The adoring masses deserve better.

11:08 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home